The Certified Entrepreneur credential is the marker of a committed professional who has demonstrated the wide range of knowledge essential to manage a small enterprise in today’s challenging environment. The comprehensive certification process immerses students in all the talent and resources at the Institute,These are the steps on the Cert.Ent. journey:
Step 1: Determine your eligibility.
You may apply for the Cert.Ent. when you have completed each of the eligibility requirements, including work experience and professional development criteria.
• Read more about eligibility requirements and get other information about earning your CertEnt.
• Get answers to frequently asked questions about exam eligibility.
Step 2: Apply for the exam.
The Cert.Ent. exam is offered twice a year, in May and December. Choose a date that fits well with your schedule and allows you time to prepare.
• View upcoming exam dates and application deadlines.
• View the Cert.Ent. exam application.
• Find out how to complete the exam application.
• Get answers to frequently asked questions about the exam application.
Step 3: Prepare for the exam.
IoCE offers a variety of resources to help you build your subject-matter knowledge so you’re ready to take the exam.
• Explore what’s on the exam.
• View a list of core resources for exam prep.
Step 4: Take the exam.
The four-hour examination includes 200 multiple-choice questions.
Step 5: Get recognized.
When you earn your Cert.Ent. plan to be celebrated at the next IoCE Annual Meeting & Exposition.
• Share your accomplishment with others via a letter of support from IoCE.
• Brag a little with merchandise bearing the Cert.Ent. logo.
• Add digital recognition to your social media, email, and web profiles.
Step 6: Keep your Cert.Ent. current.
Cert.Ent.s are required to renew their certification every three years and to keep their IoCE membership up to date.
• Find out more about Cert.Ent. renewal requirements.
• Get answers to frequently asked questions about Cert.Ent. renewal.
Pathway to Cert.Ent.
Earning and maintaining the Cert.Ent. is a three-part process. Candidates must first meet eligibility requirements and submit an application. The next step is to sit for and pass the Cert.Ent. exam. Once you have earned the credential, you must maintain it by fulfilling certification renewal requirements every three years.